Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020 Notification and Syllabus
Online Applications are invited from eligible candidates in order to appear Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020 which is tentatively going to be held on 10th January, 2021.
Interested candidates are requested to check the details about how to apply for the same.
Read this post to know about eligibility criteria and Syllabus for Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020.
Eligibility Criteria for Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020
The candidates must have the following eligibility criteria in order to appear the Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020.
Academic Qualifications –
- Post-Graduation with at least 50 % marks (or its equivalent)from recognized University
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) from National Council for Teachers Education recognized institution.
Degrees obtained from off campus and distance education institutions shall not be considered as valid.
Age of the candidate must not be less than 21 years of age. At the time of appointment in Govt./Prov. Schools upper and lower age limit will be applicable as per the Govt. rules/act prevailing at that time.
Blind candidates will be allowed to sit in the examination for an additional 50 minutes than the normal candidates, a separate room/hall may be provided for them along with his scribe.
Cut Off Marks for Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020
- General – 60%
- All other categories – 55%
Important Dates for Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020 –
- Start of online application – November 20, 2020
- Last date to apply online – November 30, 2020
- Last date for fee payment – December 03, 2020
- Tentative date of exam – January 10, 2021
How to apply for Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020
Interested candidates can apply for Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020 from November 20, 2020 on the official website (link is given below).
Candidates are advised to submit their applications well before the last date in order to avoid any inconvenience.
Application Fee –
- General – Rs. 500/-
- All other categories – Rs. 300/-
Fee should be paid on online mode only.
Zones for Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020
Candidates will have to select their own zone during online application from the following 15 zones –
Structure of the Exam for Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020
|Paper||Subject||No. of questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Paper I||Pedagogy, General English ,Basic Numerical and Assam and It’s People||100 MCQs||100||2 Hours|
|Paper II||Candidates has to choose one of the three options as per suitability |
Option A –Exclusively commerce related
Option B –Exclusively Science related
Option C –General Studies and Current Affairs Candidate has to choose the option carefully by studying prescribed syllabus
|100 MCQs||100||2 Hours|
Candidates have to qualify both the papers separately and the validity of the certificate will be for 7 (seven) years.
Syllabus for Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020
Syllabus for Paper I
- Part 1 – Pedagogy (20 Marks)
- Part 2 – General English (40 Marks)
- Part 3 – Basic Numerical (20 Marks)
- Part 4 – Assam and its people (20 Marks)
Part 1 – Pedagogy (20 Marks)
TEACHING –LEARNING PROCESS AND PEDAGOGY
- General Principles of Teaching, Maxims of Teaching
- Significant trends in Modern Teaching Learning Process
- Process of Learning-Major Laws of Learning, Role of Motivation in Learning
- Teaching Methods and Techniques
- Teaching Skills
- Teaching Devices
- Taxonomy of Educational Objectives: Cognitive, Affective & Psychomotor
- Lesson Plan: Essentials of a good Unit
- Teaching Aids
- Educational Psychology-Its Meaning and Nature: Application of Educational Psychology in the classroom.
- Attention and Interest –Its Educational Implication
- Personality-Its Concept-role of family and school in personality development
- Education of Children with Special Needs
- Mental Health and Hygiene, Adjustment and Mechanism
- Intelligence-concept and nature: Individual differences in intelligence, creativity.
PSYCHOLOGY OF ADOLESCENCE
- Significance of Adolescence Period
- Dimensions of Development during Adolescence-physical,intellectual, social, emotional and moral.
- Emotional problems in the classroom.
- Understanding the adolescent learner-role of family and school
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Guidance and Counseling
- Understanding Developmental Hazards during adolescence
Part 2 – General English (40 Marks)
- Tense Forms
- Auxiliaries-primaryand modals
- Direct and indirect narration
- Active and passive voice
- Appropriate prepositions
- Vocabulary-antonyms, synonyms,homonyms
- Pairs of Words
- Types of sentences
- Sentence structure –word order
- Common Errors.
Part 3 – Basic Numerical (20 Marks)
- Algebra – (i)Set theory (ii)Quadratic equation (iii) Ratio, proportion and variation
- Geometry – (i)Theorems of circle, locus, symmetry & similar triangle (ii)Construction of quadrilateral and co-ordinate geometry.
- Commercial Arithmetic(Banking and tax)
- Statistics and probability
Part 4 – Assam and its people (20 Marks)
HISTORY OF ASSAM
- Ancient Assam: Bhagadutta, Bhaskar Varman
- Medieval Assam: Sukapha, Naranarayana, Vaishnava movement, Sufi movement.
- Modern Assam: Advent of the British rule, Assam under colonial rule, Assam’s role in the freedom movement.
GEOGRAPHY OF ASSAM
- Physical, economic and human-physical division.
- Climate, biodiversity.
- Agriculture, tea, oil, cottage and small scale industries.
- Census Assam 2011.
Syllabus for Paper II
Option A (Commerce)
Option B (Science)
Option C (General Studies and Current Affairs)
- India’s freedom movement
- National Symbols
- Constitution of India: Basic features, important Articles and important amendments
- Right issues: Human rights, consumer’s rights, right to information. Right to education, right to food, women’s right.
- Economic Planning in India: Major objectives of Five Year Plans, Poverty, liberalization, privatization and globalization and the Indian Economy, Census 2011, inclusive growth.
- Physical geography of India
- Economic geography of India
- Climate Change
- Information technology: its applications
- Fairs,festivals, dances and music of India
- National institutions of India: Lalit Kala Academy, Sangeet Natak Academy, Sahitya Academy, Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), University Grants Commission (UGC), Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), Election Commission of India, Central Statistics Office (CSO), National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), RBI (Reserve Bank of India), DRDO(Defence Research & Development Organisation), NDA (National Defense Academy), CSIR (Council of Scientific & Industrial Research),ISI (Indian Statistical Institution), UPSC (Union Public Service Commission), SSC (Staff Selection Commission), NEC (North Eastern Council), NABARD(National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development).
- International Institutions: UNICEF, U.N.( Functions & Organs), WTO (Objectives, functions and India’s role in the organization), ASEAN (Look East policy), SAARC.
- Major tribes of North Eastern India15.Events of current importance: State, national and international (Period to be covered from 1991 from the introduction of Liberalization, Privatization & Globalization to present day), – Cultural, political, scientific, social, economic, literary and games and sports.
Q1. When will online application start?
Ans: The online application will start from November 20, 2020.
Q2. What is the last date to apply?
Ans: The last date is November 30, 2020.
Q3. When will the exam held?
Ans: Tentative date for the exam is January 10, 2021.